Effective date: 04-07-2022
Your privacy is important to us
Peer (hereinafter, “company”, “we”, “us”, “our” or “peerit.xyz”)is an Irish company based in Dublin, Ireland. Peer is a digital memorabilia collection platform, creating an opportunity for those who sign up to ourservice (our “User” or “Fan”) to “prove their passion”.
1. Website and App visitors
Like most website operators, Peer collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Peer’s purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying-information is to better understand how Peer’s users use its service. From time to time, Peer may release non-personally-identifying information in aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its application.
Images used may be subject to copyright and the owner has the right to request removal at any point
2. Personally-Identifying Information
Certain users of Peer’s services choose to interact with Peer in a way that requires Peer to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Peer gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask those who sign up to the mobile application to provide a username and email address. Peer collects additional data included in your member profile which you submit voluntarily.
We rely on the followinglegal bases to process your personal information under the GDPR:
- Article 6(1)(b) GDPR: the data subject has given consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes
- Article 6(1)(f) GDPR: processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests
We do not whatsoever processspecial categories of personal data (sensitive data) as set out under Article 9 GDPR.
3. Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Peer takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying information. Peer discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it onPeer’s behalf or to prove services available at Peer’s website or application,and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside ofyour home country; by using Peer’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We may disclose personal information (such as email address) and aggregate information collected (such as tokens collected) to third parties as follows:
- With your consent, as agreed when registering for the Peer mobile application, and through the details provided in this Statement
- With the particular client for whom we have registered your attendance through our Service
- In response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Peer believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Peer, third parties or the public at large
- In connection with a corporate change such as a merger, our acquisition by another company, or a partial or total sale of our assets
- To authorised third-party agents and/or vendors and subcontractors and clients, partners, who are providing services, including, without limitation, data append services, data validation services, fraud detection and/or prevention services, database-matching services, coding services, data segmentation services, and reward, and incentive related services, as well as market research partners
- Your information may be shared with third parties in aggregate form. Aggregated data does not include personally identifiable information. This means your token collection may be combined with the collection of others who use the Peer services. Those aggregated collections are reported to the third party that commissioned the study. You will not be identified from this information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information,we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will only store your data for as long as it is deemed necessary. We will only store data that is necessary in the form of targeting criteria for our marketing clients.
If you are a registered user of Peer and have supplied your email address, Peer may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Peer and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
7. Contact Information